Tuesday, March 24, 2015




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is the Top 10 Books From My Childhood (Or Teen Years) That I Would Love To Revisit:



April's Picks:


I was pretty limited on what I could read growing up. The shelves at home were full of adult novels, and that's what stemmed my obsession with VC Andrews books. I read them all. At least the ones before she died, none of the garbage that came out after. The Sweet Valley Twins and Baby Sitters Club, I remember making my gram take me to the library every weekend so I could take some of them out. :) A Wrinkle in Time was one of my favorite "have to read for class" books. They told us to read the first 2 chapters and I finished it that night. Woops. And The Eye of the World. I started reading that fantasy series back in HS. A boy I liked had a bunch in his locker and he lent them to me. I read up to number 10. I'd love to get back to them, but it's been so long, I'll have to re read them all, and those books are huge!


Jen's Picks:


I remember checking out and re-checking out Chicken Soup with Rice by Maurice Sendak for weeks on end from the library until my mom forced me to pick something new. And so then I read Bunnicula and Snot Stew a few times each. As my love of reading progressed, I added all of the Little House, Anne of Green Gables and Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books to my reading list. I was such a reader, even at an early age, that it was hard to narrow my list of favorites from that era down to just ten. I mean, I didn't even have room for The Babysitters Club or the Sweet Valley High books! :P


Which beloved favorites from childhood would you love to re-read? Be sure to share a link to your TTT post so we can visit!



8 comments:

  1. I totally loved the Baby Sitter's Club books!
    here's our TTT

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few of these made my list, too! I did leave out The Neverending Story by accident, though. Awesome lists!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I loved Sweet Valley and BSC -- Bunnicula made my list today, too!! This was definitely a fun prompt today!!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have A Wrinkle In Time on my list of books to read this year for the 2015 Banned Book Reading Challenge.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/03/top-10-books-from-my-childhood-or-teen.html

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could I have forgotten A Wrinkle In Time? That book is classic and I've read it many times! Great lists!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved The Chronicles of Narnia! I haven't read any of the other books though. Old follower!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love me some BSC! My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/03/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-from.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...