Saturday, September 10, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over time, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.
You ever have one of those weeks where you just wish you could be a kid again? No responsibilities. No bills. When just doing your best was good enough. Ah, those were the days. And I most definitely had a week like that. And to compensate for my lack of wanting to adult, I spent a lot of time with Katie. We had some children's books to review and Roald Dahl's birthday to celebrate, so it seemed like the perfect time to take a step back and enjoy her childhood.

It's so easy to get caught up in everyday life and forget to be in the moment...something I'm trying to be better about. I know it's not the end of the year yet, but I already have a ton of things I already want to work on in the new year.

But I digress. You're here for the books. And what a bookish week it was!

Here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers/For Review:



So many lovely new books for review this week! I may have gone overboard with my requests from Macmillan (the stack on the left), but these books all just sounded so good. I'll be posting more about each one soon. And Tor Teen sent me a review copy of Updraft -- which I hadn't heard of before but it sounds amazing -- and a finished copy of Vassa in the Night, which I already have an ARC of that I've been trying to fit in for weeks because it sounds like such a me book. It is such a gorgeous book in all its finished glory, trust me. And ignore EOS because that's a finished copy I bought myself. :) It's just hard not to take a million photos of that glorious book.

Traded:

I know I keep saying this, but I plan to post an updated #booksfortrade | Have You Seen This? post soon, but I'll be doing a kind of different format, so check back for that soon! I have a ton of new books going up on offer. Oh, and I updated my lists, too! I'm still looking for a few high profile ARCs, like Throne of Glass, On the Fence, and Scarlet (Gaughen), plus some other 2016 releases, including Wintersong and Traitor to the Throne, and others.


Purchased:



I pre-ordered a hardcover of Empire of Storms, but I also DLed the audio on release day so I could read it before anyone had a chance to spoil it for me. =) I still haven't gotten my notebook yet, though... :*(

Library:

Apollyon (Covenant, #4)The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2)

Okay, I think I'm finally done with my regency romance kick...for  now. Mostly because the last couple I read were just not that good. :( Now, I'm working on finishing up the Covenant series, but I'm confused. Is this one of those series where it's necessary to read the novellas? Because I didn't read Elixir, and now that I've started this fourth book, I feel like I missed a lot. I also DLed the audio for The Rose Society so I can finish my re-read before picking up The Midnight Star.


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

James and the Giant PeachPaths & Portals (Secret Coders, #2)It Ends with Us

Current Giveaways:


Promotional/Discussion Posts:

Currently Reading:

HeartlessI'm seriously just starting this -- I've been holding off as long as I can but now I'm on the tour and I'm finally letting myself dive in -- so I don't know how it's going to go at all. But I'm really hoping that Cath is reminiscent of Anastasia from OUATIW and starts off sweet and turns, yet somehow still remains a sympathetic character. Either way, I know Marissa Meyer will not disappoint.




Currently Listening:

The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2)I can't hold off reading The Midnight Star much longer, so I'm going to hopefully burn through this audio over the weekend and start TMS next week. That's the plan, anyway. =)







Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

 Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




6 comments:

  1. I don't want to grow up as well. You got some amazing goodies.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up sucks. lol I can't wait to read your thoughts on vassa in the night. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turn 18 next year and I'm not prepared for adulthood haha! You got an awesome stack of books!

    Enjoy! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have times like that. Being an adult sucks sometimes. I'm also trying to take a step back and be in the moment more. Especially with my kids.

    You got so many great books! A lot of those Macmillian titles are new to me. I need to look them up! I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read the previous Maas book before Empire. I bought it on release day..so naughty of me not to have read it sooner. Yes, some days I want to have zero responsibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got to get going on the rest of the Throne of Glass series. You got a lot of great books there! I'm jealous of a few!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...