Sunday, August 7, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over time, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.
Woo-eee! It's hot as Hades out there right now. Katie had her first co-ed playdate yesterday, but it was so hot that all they did was play video games. Which is fine, since apparently I'm raising a gamer-girl, but I miss being outside. And I miss my KID being outside. Ya know? But not so much that I'm ready for school to start. I may be an adult, but I still dread that as much as Katie, if not more...

Okay, okay. On to the books. Here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers/For Review:


 Instagram


I already had the ARC of A Torch Against the Night but I just got the audio, and after loving that version for the first book, I couldn't NOT start the audio version for the sequel. I love these narrators, too. I also got a finished copy of Between Worlds, which I'd not heard of but which sounds really awesome, with an interactive type experience online.

The Beast Is an Animal

I just featured this as my WoW pick recently, and I'm not sure how long I can wait before diving into this one! That cover's got me really wishing for some fall weather, though. I love reading creepier stories by firelight. :)

Traded:

I just posted a new #booksfortrade | Have You Seen This? post this week! I'm still looking for a few high profile ARCs, like Throne of Glass, On the Fence, and Scarlet (Gaughen), plus some other 2016 releases, including Wintersong and Traitor to the Throne, plus others.



Purchased:



I just had to get the audio for this so I could find out how it all ends...before someone spoiled it for me. You can check out my spoiler-free but GIF-full review here.

Library:


On the Fence

I've been dying to re-read this and my hold finally came through on the audiobook. Eeep! I can't wait to listen to it. Especially after all of the darker fare I've been reading lately. =)


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2)Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1)The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3)


Current Giveaways:

Check back soon!!!

Promotional/Discussion Posts:

Currently Reading/Listening:

A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2)I have an ARC of this but I really liked the audio for the first book, so when I got this audio for review, I was like, Yep, that's my next listen! :D Not very far into it but I have seriously high hopes. I am a little disenchanted to discover that this is now a trilogy, though.








Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




1 comment:

  1. I may or may not be drooling over some of your goodies. I'm so jealous of you, I'm pumped for A Torch Against the Night. Great post! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...