Wednesday, February 25, 2015





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:




Title: Until the Beginning
Author: Amy Plum
Series: After the End # 2
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: May 5th, 2015

Add to Goodreads
When Juneau's clan disappeared, she lost so much more than her friends and family. She soon discovered everything she thought she knew about her life was a lie. Her people's gifts were actually secret abilities that others wanted, desperately enough to kidnap an entire village.

Juneau and her new companion Miles's cross-country journey to find her clan has led them to a game preserve in New Mexico. Now Juneau's people are finally within reach, and she will stop at nothing to save them. But she has a target on her back too, because unbeknownst to her she is the key to unlocking everything. To rescue her people - and herself - Juneau must discover what she, and her abilities, are truly capable of.
I wasn't hugely blown away with After the End. It was good... but not what I was expecting. That being said.. I am very curious to see what happens next. :)




's Pick:



Title: Dumplin'
Author: Julie Murphy
Series: n/a
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: September 15, 2015

Add to Goodreads
Self-proclaimed fat girl Willowdean Dickson (dubbed “Dumplin’” by her former beauty queen mom) has always been at home in her own skin. Her thoughts on having the ultimate bikini body? Put a bikini on your body. With her all-American beauty best friend, Ellen, by her side, things have always worked . . . until Will takes a job at Harpy’s, the local fast-food joint. There she meets Private School Bo, a hot former jock. Will isn’t surprised to find herself attracted to Bo. But she is surprised when he seems to like her back.

Instead of finding new heights of self-assurance in her relationship with Bo, Will starts to doubt herself. So she sets out to take back her confidence by doing the most horrifying thing she can imagine: entering the Miss Clover City beauty pageant—along with several other unlikely candidates—to show the world that she deserves to be up there as much as any twiggy girl does. Along the way, she’ll shock the hell out of Clover City—and maybe herself most of all.

With starry Texas nights, red candy suckers, Dolly Parton songs, and a wildly unforgettable heroine— Dumplin’ is guaranteed to steal your heart.
I absolutely loved Julie's debut last year, even though I knew some people took issue with the "unlikable" main character. I found her refreshing, though, and I think Julie's newest MC is going to be even more so. Doesn't Dumplin' just sound like a girl you'd love to be besties with? I can't wait to meet her! And that tag line -- Go big or go home. -- it's too perfect! Also, I can't help but add books to my TBR from Texas authors, set in my home state and featuring the iconic Dolly Parton. =)


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



8 comments:

  1. that first book looks really interesting powers are amazing. ope you guys enjoy
    My Waiting on Wednesday
    new follower via bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of Dumplin', but I'm worried it could get preachy! :S Either way, added to the TBR!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't blown away by After the End either, but I'm still curious about what happens next. Dumplin' sounds wonderful, and I absolutely loved Julie Murphy's first book (Side Effects May Vary). Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have After The End to read. It's on the forever ending TRL

    My WOW http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! Dumplin' sounds like a pretty great book. I just read Julie Murphy's Side Effects May Vary so I am looking forward to reading more by her.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe the second book is coming out when I haven't read After The End yet! Dumplin' sounds like it may be really good. I hope you both enjoy reading your picks this week.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I had Until the Beginning as my choice awhile back, but this is the first I've heard of Dumplin' and I've got to go add it to my TBR on Goodreads! Thanks for sharing. If you have time, check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dumplin looks really intersting, I recently added that to my TBR list. great picks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...