Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here's what I'm teasing this week:

Add to Goodreads
Title: Haze
Author: Paula Weston
Series: The Rephaim, book #2
Publisher: Text Publishing
Publication Date: May 22, 2013 (in Australia, not till 2014 in US)
Source: borrowed from Lauren
Purchase: Amazon | Fishpond | The Book Depository

Gaby Winters’ nightmares have stopped but she still can’t remember her old life. Still can’t quite believe she is one of the Rephaim—the wingless half-angels who can shift from place to place, country to country, in the blink of an eye. That she was once the Rephaim’s best fighter. That demons exist. That Rafa has stayed.

But most of all, she can’t quite believe that her twin brother, Jude, might be alive.

And Gaby can’t explain the hesitancy that sidetracks the search for him, infuriates Rafa, and sends them, again, into the darkest danger.

"My chest is heaving.  We're both trying to catch our breath.  His grip tightens on my arms. His eyes are strangely distant as he stares at me.  I can't read his expression and it's freaking me out a little."
-- p. 166

Oh, this book is sooo good.  I'm loving it, but I'm taking it slowly because I know that it'll be awhile before I get my hands on the next book.  Though, I'm supremely thankful to have a friend like Lauren who lent me her copy (procured from Fishpond) so that I can read this one earlier than it'll be released here in the states. =)  I mean, Shadows isn't even out here yet.  :P

What are you teasing this week?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so I can visit!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, that kind of expression would freak me out, too. Enjoy! Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! I can't wait to read Haze. So happy to see that you are loving it. It's funny my teaser is from Shadows :-) haha

    My Friends Are Fiction's Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read a teaser for Shadow haha. This one sounds just as action-packed! Will have to check out this series I think. Thanks for sharing!

    Bookmuchies' teaser (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing teaser! I hope you're liking this, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, I like that one. And it sounds like you're really enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds intense for sure. I might have to check these ones out. I love the covers for this series :)

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. A captivating teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/teaser-tuesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...