Tuesday, January 15, 2019


We've all lost interest in a show before. For us, we noticed it often happens when a ship finally sails... often anticlimactically. Here are some long awaited couplings that ruined a show dynamic in a way that made us totally lose interest. Warning...spoilers ahead if you've never seen these shows and have them on your TBW lists.


Ships We Were Sad to See Set Sail:


The tension of these two opposites always made this show such an addiction. However, once they got together, the characters changed...a lot. RIP sexual tension.





How dare they? Honestly. They were the BEST and then they got together and the character development dissipated. And we stopped watching.





We lovedlovedloved the anticipation of this ship. It was slow but inevitable, even after that heartbreak in the beginning. But honestly, we could've waited longer. The antics of Michael Scott and Dwight Schrute, et al., were not enough to compensate for the longing we no longer felt once Pam and Jim got their happily ever after.




Questionable Ships: Ships We Didn't Want to Set Sail For a Whole Different Reason


Rory and Dean? Eh. Rory and Jess? YAASSSSS! Rory and Logan? Nopenopenope. We had to create a category just for this ship because we were never waiting for it and we did not want it. Especially in the revival...NO. Stahhhp. Buttface miscreant INDEED.

Image result for rory and logan gif

And since we're on the topic of Gilmore Girls ships we hate, that whole Lorelai and Christopher mess comes in close second.


Ewwwwwww. NOPE. DID. NOT. WANT. Dammit, Christopher!


YAASSSSS, Luke!



Bonus Round: Couples Who Made a Show Even Better


LoVe was an explosive, on-again, off-again relationship that will never not be hot. We hoped for it in the movie, we read about it in the books that followed, and now, here we are again, waiting with bated breath for the Hulu series to see how it all shakes out.


Rewind, watch and repeat because this scene will always be HOT magic and will never get old. *wipes drool from face*




Liv Moore and Chase Graves...yes, please! (Clearly, we have a thing for Jason Dohring. 😏) Also, love the show's sense of humor with these zombie names...12/10 amazzzzing. This was the sexy scene we hoped for in V Mars.





All the beautiful, off and on Luke and Lorelai moments. OTP! Even after the revival, we still want MOARRR!


Luke. CAN. WALTZ. 😍

Yes, they were on again off again champs, but this relationship is second only to the one between Lorelai and Rory.




What shows & corresponding relationships did you love or become disappointed in? Disagree with our choices? Tell us in the comments!


10 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about The Office initially! I stopped watching when it was first airing once Jim/Pam got together. I went back and watched everything in order and definitely was on board after that haha but I def thought I was the only one who was sad the tension was gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched re-runs since then and definitely mind a lot less now, but at the time, I was over it. So much build up and then it was just...gone.

      Delete
  2. When I saw this post I immediately thought of Bones so I'm happy I'm not alone!

    If you can be persuaded, I would recommend finishibg New Girl. I really like how it all wrapped up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not alone. That's actually the first one that came to mind when we started discussing this phenomenon.

      It's a lot easier to go back and watch these shows now that they've ended...and the UST is a mere memory. :P I definitely think I can be persuaded to watch New Girl eventually.

      Delete
    2. Bones used to be my favorite show!

      And I loved Schmidt so much that I can probably keep watching for him!

      Delete
  3. I agree! So many couples getting together ruin shows! Books too. I agree Veronica and Logan are great together. Did you see that show's coming back?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it definitely happens in books, too. And I did! I was so excited that I watched the movie again just the other day. :D

      Delete
  4. I'd add Leslie and Ben from Parks & Rec to couples who made their show better. I loved them!! And I definitely think it's worth giving New Girl another chance. I binged the first 6 seasons on Netflix a couple years ago and it's my fave. It definitely picks up again, as a show and as shippy Nick and Jess content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I watched like the first few eps of Parks and Rec and then got behind and just never caught back up. I'll definitey add that to my watch list. And yay, another vote for New Girl! Apparently, we really should give that one another chance. =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...