Sunday, June 7, 2015

It's Time For a Break

Sunday, June 7, 2015 with 3 comments
I've been thinking long and hard these past few months about where I am with blogging. When I started blogging here with Jen, it was like my passion had been renewed. I was ready to throw in the towel with my own blog, so coming here was perfect timing.

Blogging here has been great. I've met so many different readers, and I've enjoyed interacting with all of you. Early on, I was able to do that more. I worked 20 some hours a week and had all the time in the world for blogging.

Then all that went to shit, and I'm kinda glad it did. I now have a great full time job and I'm able to provide so much more for my family. This year we are finally having our decks rebuilt and vinyl siding installed! We've been trying to get to that point financially for 8 years of being in this house.

The only downside to that, is I don't have as much extra time as I used to. I'm okay with that, but it leaves me tired in the evening. I've gotten to the point that I actually dread sitting down at the computer after I put Aubrey to bed, because now I have to work on a post. And it shouldn't be that way! Blogging should not feel like work, but I think when you are so busy, and feel obligated to do something, it will always feel like work.

That's not cool. I work my ass off all day long. That's enough for me. I've discussed all of this with Jen, and my gosh do I love that girl. She's been so supportive and honestly I knew she would be... We've had this relationship where we are both always honest with each other. No hard feelings ever. She's just amazing.

I'm going to take a break. I'm not quitting. I'm not sure for how long. At least the rest of June, This month is going to be crazy hectic in my personal life. When July comes I will re evaluate how I feel. It's no secret that I've been lacking in my contribution anyway. I think my reviews and every post I do reflect my disinterest, and it's not fair to Jen, the blog or any of you to put out garbage reviews. Jen will still continue posting, so I'm only speaking for myself here.

This break will allow me to spend more time with my family, and reconnect with reading, because that's what blogging is all about! It sucks putting down my kindle because I have a TTT post to work on, or a review that I can't think of anything to say in.

I will still be reading and updating my Goodreads page. I've found that while I haven't had time to visit blogs, reading reviews and keeping up with other bloggers has been easier through goodreads. Everyone is all in one spot, and I can scroll through the app on my lunch.

So this isn't really a goodbye. Maybe a see you later... I'm not sure yet. Time will tell. I want to thank you all for the love and support you've shown me since being here and I hope to be back here soon with a refreshed point of view. :o)





3 comments:

  1. Take as long as you need. You have done wonderful things for the blog, and you will be missed in your time of absence. I wish you the best! Have a fun and relaxing break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you come back, but I completely understand. Life is busy, especially when you work or go to school, and have a family that wants to spend time with you. It makes it hard. I end up posting now, at half past midnight, so I can spend time with my family when they are awake. I hope that you enjoy your time off, and thank you for being honest with us! See you on GR!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...