Wednesday, January 2, 2013



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...



Add to Goodreads
Title: Dead Silence
Author: Kimberly Derting
Series: The Body Finder, book #4
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: April 16, 2013

Violet thought she’d made peace with her unique ability to sense the echoes of the dead and the imprints that cling to their killers…that is until she acquired an imprint of her own. Forced to carry a reminder of the horrible events of her kidnapping, Violet is more determined than ever to lead a normal life. However, the people who run the special investigative team Violet works for have no intention of letting her go.

When someone close to Violet becomes a suspect in a horrific murder, she finds herself pulled into a deadly hunt for a madman with an army of devoted followers. Violet has survived dangerous situations before, but she quickly discovers that protecting those closest to her is far more difficult than protecting herself.

The Body Finder series has been praised as a “delectable blend of mystery and romance” (The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books), a “fast-paced, compelling read” (ALA Booklist), and as “imaginative, convincing, and successful suspense” (Kirkus Reviews). With a perfect blend of romance, intrigue, and suspense, Dead Silence continues this gripping series, delivering unexpected twists that will keep readers guessing until the very last page.


Why I'm waiting:  I love this series.  First, there's the totally healthy, teenage romance between Violet and Jay.  Yes, there may be a kink thrown in there, but I think they'll survive.  Second, this girl senses the echoes left behind by the dead.  I find that so freaking interesting, and I can't wait to see where this next chapter takes us.  I only hope this isn't the final book...I'm not ready to say goodbye to these characters!

So, what are you waiting on this week?  Tell me in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!

15 comments:

  1. The covers for these books are always so gorgeous--simple but evocative. Hope you get your hands on this soon, Jen. And happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one really excites me. I absolutely love this series. I am so darn excited I can't keep still. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of the books in this series....but it does look exciting. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jay and Violet! I still need to read The Last Echo. Somehow it slipped past me in 2012. Great pick! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea there would be a fourth book in The Body Finder series. This sounds great though!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. No WoW today to share but your pick looks awesome this week. I always find this series covers so beautiful even though they really are so simplistic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that cover! I just got The Body Finder recently and I cannot wait to get started on that one! Great pick!

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have The Body Finder and I have an ARC of Dead Silence but have not yet started the series. :/ Excited to though as I have heard so many great things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this book looks good! thanks for sharing :)
    check out my WOW at allwehaveisstories.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the covers for this series, they are just so subtly beautiful. Awesome pick and I hope it exceeds your expectations, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice cover and pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday_2.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. How is it Wednesday and how is it already 2013? I have read book one and need to get back to this series. I love the covers! Have a wonderful 2013, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to read this series. Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW is here

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still haven't read a Derting book, but gosh they sound good. Love the covers too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read a little from The Last Echo and I liked it so I'll definitely have to pick up all of the books form the series and this one as well when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...