Wednesday, November 18, 2015

{WOW} The Last Star by Rick Yancey

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 with 6 comments




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...








's Pick:



Title: The Last Star
Author: Rick Yancey
Series: The 5th Wave, book #3
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: May 24, 2016

Add to Goodreads
We’re here, then we’re gone, and that was true before they came. That’s always been true. The Others didn’t invent death; they just perfected it. Gave death a face to put back in our face, because they knew that was the only way to crush us. It won’t end on any continent or ocean, no mountain or plain, jungle or desert. It will end where it began, where it had been from the beginning, on the battlefield of the last beating human heart.

Master storyteller Rick Yancey invokes triumph, loss, and unrelenting action as the fate of the planet is decided in the conclusion to this epic series.

I am so excited for this final book!!! I love sci-fi and aliens, but I much prefer when the aliens are hellbent on destroying us lowly, pathetic humans. :) I also can't wait for the movie adaptation of the first book in this series. It actually looks pretty good, right? Even if aliens aren't your sort of thing, this series has so much to offer, mostly regarding human nature and the unwillingness to give up, no matter the odds.

I think I'm going to have to do a re-read. Or at least a re-listen. =)

(ETA: Oops. I already started my re-listen. Probably should've waited a little longer, but oh, well.)


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



6 comments:

  1. can't wait for this book. Give it to me now, now, now, now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you enjoy this one. Sadly, this series just isn't for me but I do hope you enjoy this last installment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I are eagerly awaiting the release of this one too! Great pick! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to read the start of this series still but I just got it the other day so I need to hop on it. Great Pick.

    Happy Reading

    Here is my WoW pick

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I am waiting on this one too! I can't wait. I need to reread Infinite Sea for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about this series. I should read it. Nice pick! WOW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...