Saturday, November 7, 2015

{The Weekend Update} 11.7.15

Saturday, November 7, 2015 with 11 comments
So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)
The hubby is gone to the deer lease, so it's just us girls this weekend. :D Which means there will probably be a trip to Half Price Books at some point, what with those coupons just sitting in my inbox, waiting to be used. :P Plus, they have some of the best bookish gifts, and with the holidays coming up, I'd like to get an early start. I'll try my best not to buy anything for myself, especially since I need to take some books to sell, not bring home some more for my already full shelves. ;0)

I completed my Goodreads Reading Challenge last week -- or maybe the week before? I lost track -- so everything I read from here to the end of the year is just a bonus. =) Have to admit, probably 70% of what I "read" was audio, but I count it. In fact, audiobooks are mostly the reason why I've already read 15 books over my goal. I think I'm going to take it easier next year…quality over quantity and all that jazz. Except I do a lot of listening on my commute and while I'm at work, and it really does help the day go faster. So, I don't see that coming to an end, unless I'm able to not work…a girl can dream, right? Plus, I didn't have an audiobook queued up on my way home yesterday evening and I noticed that I'm a much more aggressive driver when I'm just listening to music. Even if it is Boards of Canada and should mellow me out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, here's what I scored this week...

For Review:

The Skylighter (The Keepers' Chronicles, #2)Tell the Wind and Fire

I didn't request The Storyspinner last year, but after it's release and all those rave reviews from friends, I borrowed it from the library and immediately fell in love. So, of course, I had to request the sequel. Not in love with that cover, but whatever. I am a huge, HUGE fan of everything Sarah Rees Brennan writes, so I was beyond thrilled to be approved for Tell the Wind and Fire. It sounds like another amazing book from one of my favorites.

Traded:



Fangirl special edition -- signed!!! -- thanks to Mary (@knoxdiver) - She was searching for the gold collector's edition of Ruin and Rising and somehow I had two copies, so we traded. Sometimes, it helps for me to come out of my shell on social media. (You might have noticed I'm terribly introverted when it comes to Twitter and Instagram some days. Other times, not so much. :P)

Gifted:



My #otspsecretsister really outdid herself with my Halloween-themed box for October. So much candy and yummy goodness and THE BOOKS!!!!! I am so thrilled to have finished copies of Lair of Dreams and Slasher Girls and Monster Boys for my shelves. And I cannot wait to read Blood and Salt...that book trailer was HAWT! I hope it's creepy, too! :D My Secret Sister is too good to me...I love her thoughtfulness and the cheer she brings me each time I read one of her letters.


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

Hello?Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2)The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2)Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2)

Current Giveaways:

 A Thousand Pieces of You


Promotional/Discussion Posts:  

Currently Reading:

Passenger (Passenger, #1)I just started this last night but I am already just so dang excited!!! I LOVED The Darkest Minds series, and I can't wait to really get into this one!




Currently Listening:

Dumplin'I had this for review and never got to it. Even pre-ordered a finished copy and still didn't get to it. So, I broke down and got the audio. And it's pretty freakin' awesome already. But I knew it would be...I loved Side Effects May Vary after all. :D





Upcoming Reviews:


Every Word (Every, #2)Tell Me Three ThingsDumplin'




Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




11 comments:

  1. Awesome haul of books. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow...that's all I can say. What a wonderful week for you & it's all amazing. Congrats on totally kicking butt on your Goodreads Goal/Challenge, that's amazing.

    Happy reading and I hope you have another wonderful week ahead of you :)

    Novel Ink's STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing your GR challenge! My goal was 200 books and I just hit that the other day. Yay!! Oh, and I loved Dumplin. I never read Side Effects May Vary though, but maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on completing your Goodreads Challenge. I can't wait to read Passenger - I love The Darkest Minds series and I hope that Passenger will be just as good, if not better.

    Enjoy your books and have a great week! :)

    Emz @ Paging Serenity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job on finishing your Goodreads goal! I'm still a tad behind but with a read a thon and another month I'll probably just hit it. I just got Dumplin through OwlCrate. It's one I haven't heard about until then and now I'm seeing raves! Exciting :D

    Have a great week!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job, Jen! 215 books is pretty fantastic.:)

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your Goodreads Challenge. I set mine lower this year and read way more than I counted on. Funny how that works. Fabulous books this week and such a fun Halloween package!

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/11/08/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-135-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! On finishing your Goodreads Goal. What luck on the trading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on reaching and surpassing your GR goal! 200 books is a huge goal. I couldn't even fathom trying to accomplish that. I love the Halloween reads picture. It looks so fun and those books look great.

    Sarah @ Sassy Sarah Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy crapola, 2015 books!? That's amazing! Audio totally counts as reading (it is still a book)!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...