Sunday, July 17, 2011

In My Mailbox #6

Sunday, July 17, 2011 with 2 comments

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a weekly meme where we all get to brag about the books and swag we got in the mail, for review, won in contests, etc.




First, a bit about me:  I like change, I really do.  But I'm also old-fashioned and kind of stuck in my ways.  So, it was really hard for me to get with the times and buy an eReader.  I fought it forever, even as more and more of my friends were getting them and swearing by their awesomeness.  So, I finally caved and got a Nook Color and freaking love the thing.  It goes everywhere with me now.  Which is probably a relief to my "real" books because they once fell to the same fate, and sadly, the are worse for the wear.  But they are still loved.
 
Okay, so now that you understand the difficulty I had in purchasing my Nook, maybe you'll understand my uncertainty toward audiobooks.  I mean, seriously, the whole point of books is for them to be read, right?  But then SYNC had their summer promotion, and I couldn't pass on the free audiobook for Shiver.  It only took me two days of listening at work (and on the drive home that second day so I could finish it) to get hooked.  I then got a subscription to Audible while they're running a promo, as well, so that I could get the audiobook of Linger for free.  (I know, I mentioned all this previously in IMM #5, but it bears repeating.)  I am now a huge fan of audiobooks, simply for the fact that I can trim my TBR pile down that much more quickly AND do it while I'm working on more mundane tasks.
 
Which brings me to my first batch of goodies in this weeks IMM post.  Audible is currently running 'The Paperback Sale' in which 300 hundred titles are being offered at paperback prices ($5.95 or $8.95, depending on the title):
 

I picked up five YA titles this week, and can't wait to get started on them.  Some are from authors I've never read but have wanted to for awhile, and I couldn't resist at these prices!

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead <-- Yeah, I know...I can't believe I haven't started this series yet, either.
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
 
For review, I received the following:
 
Fury by Elizabeth Miles, as part of the Good Choice Reading ARC tour
Tris and Izzy by Mette Ivie Harrison, via Netgalley
Blood Red Road by Moira Young, via Pulse It
 
Ship BreakerVampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)Garden SpellsAnansi BoysAlong for the RideFury (Fury, #1)Tris & IzzieBlood Red Road (Dustlands, #1)
 
I can't wait to get reading!  What did you get this week?  I'd love to check out your haul, so leave the link to your IMM in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Great books this week! I still need to give audio books a good try! Fury was awesome!!! Enjoy!

    My IMM:
    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fury was awesome...I just wish there had been a little more of the mythological aspect included. Still...a great start to a series.

    Going to check out your IMM now...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...