Wednesday, November 6, 2013




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...






Title: The Lovely and the Lost
Author: Page Morgan
Series: The Dispossessed, book #2
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: May 13, 2014

Add to Goodreads
Ingrid and Gabby survived the Underneath. They saved their brother, Grayson, from a future of dark servitude and exposed a plot to undermine the Alliance. But danger still lurks in the streets of Paris, and the Dispossessed, perched on the city's bridges and rooftops, might not be able to save their human wards this time.




Gargoyles!!!  I loved The Beautiful and the Cursed, and I can't wait to see what's in store for Ingrid and company in this next installment.  Also, I love these covers....soooooo pretty!

The Beautiful and the CursedThe Beautiful and the Cursed: Marco's StoryThe Lovely and the Lost





Title: Where Silence Gathers
Author: Kelsey Sutton
Series: Some Quiet Place, book #2
Publisher: Flux
Publication Date: July 8, 2014

Add to Goodreads
In this companion novel to the critically acclaimed Some Quiet Place, Alex must choose between Revenge and Forgiveness. Seventeen-year-old Alexandra Tate sits outside Nate Foster's house, clutching a gun. After serving ten years for the drunk driving accident that killed Alex's family, Nate has been released from prison. Every night, Alex waits out of sight, building up the courage to exact her own justice. There's just one problem: Forgiveness. Alex has been able to see personified Emotions for as long as she can remember, and Revenge is her best friend. But when Forgiveness suddenly appears, he offers Alex a choice--getting even or moving on. It's impossible to decide when Revenge whispers in one ear...and Forgiveness whispers in the other.

Not gonna lie, I'm sad that this is a companion novel because I found Elizabeth and Fear equally intriguing in Some Quiet Place, but I am very much looking forward to the pull of Revenge and Forgiveness in this story. I'm still quite fascinated by the personified Emotions in this series, and I can't wait to see what the author has in store for us this time around.  Also, more pretty covers!!!  :D

Some Quiet Place (Some Quiet Place, #1)Where Silence Gathers (Some Quiet Place, #2)


Now that you know what I'm dying to read, what are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!



16 comments:

  1. Some quiet place is on my TBR and so is The Beautiful and the Cursed. Seems I'm a bit behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these sound so good but I have to admit I haven't read the first books in the series yet. On a side note can we just take a moment to appreciate these stunning covers, so pretty!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Beautiful and the Cursed, but I still haven't read it because of time constraints, but I will definitely be reading that one.
    I love the covers of the series.

    I've heard some very interesting things about Some Quiet Place and I should probably get to it soon.

    Lovely picks! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read some quite place. I think it may be on audio now if i remember correctly. I am excited for the lovely and lost though. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only vaguely remember about the first series, but it sounds pretty interesting. I love the cover for the Some Quiet Place series! Great picks, thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelsey Sutton's covers are always beautiful! I haven't read her books yet. But I have a feeling I'll give in soon.

    Great picks, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice picks, Jen. I have read either series, but I do love both covers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these series, but I'm curious about Some Quite Place and the companion novel now. The whole "personified emotions" aspect is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am so so excited for The Lovely and The Lost! And they have such gorgeous covers and title too! Haven't read the other series, but same goes for their covers.

    Great choices!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually will be doing a Traveling ARC Tour for the Lovely and The Lost. I really liked the Beautiful and The Cursed. You picked some awesome books for your WOW today.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited for Where the Silence Gathers! I've yet to read any of the Morgan books though I've heard amazing things about them. I need to find some time to dive into this series. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVED Some Quiet Place -- it was SO original, so I'm pretty excited for this companion novel. And I STILL need to read The Beautiful & The Cursed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot wait for the Lovely and the Lost! I loved book 1! Great choice. The other one I haven't heard of honestly. Nice cover though. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have yet to read either of these stories, although they both have gorgeous covers!
    Rachel @ The NerdHerd Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally NEED Where Silence Gathers. I need it. I can't just live without: this world is so intriguing and the Emotions are a very great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...