Thursday, June 21, 2012


Awhile on the Pile/From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday but was also inspired by Rachel at My Reading Pile/Fiktshun. The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review -- or any book that you own and really want to read/review -- but haven't yet got around to reading in order to give the book some extra publicity.


Here's the book I chose to give some extra love this week:

Add to Goodreads
Title:  I Hunt Killers
Author:  Barry Lyga
Series:  Jasper Dent #1
Publisher:  Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date:  April 3, 2012
Source:  ARC from publisher

What if the world's worst serial killer...was your dad?

Jasper (Jazz) Dent is a likable teenager. A charmer, one might say.

But he's also the son of the world's most infamous serial killer, and for Dear Old Dad, Take Your Son to Work Day was year-round. Jazz has witnessed crime scenes the way cops wish they could--from the criminal's point of view.

And now bodies are piling up in Lobo's Nod.

In an effort to clear his name, Jazz joins the police in a hunt for a new serial killer. But Jazz has a secret--could he be more like his father than anyone knows?


I've heard amazing things about this book from sources I trust.  I scored my ARC at ALA Midwinter, and I can't believe I haven't managed to get to it yet.  Have you read it?  If so, what did you think?

8 comments:

  1. This is also been in my pile awhile. I can't wait to read it.

    Cierra @ Blogovation Design
    www.blogovationdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo...what's his secret? This one sounds like it should be good!
    SIK Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting! Creepy and dark- hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read it but it's on my TBR list. I've also heard a lot of positive things about it, from Melissa Marr among others. Anything Melissa thinks is awesome I have to give a try ^^ Also, teen with a serial killer dad? Definite must read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read it but I saw it at the bookstore today and almost bought it. Sounds like a great read. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this book sounds so exciting! I am actually looking forward to reading it. It sounds like 'Dexter' gone wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to read this for a while now. Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...