Wednesday, January 25, 2017

2016 End of Year Check In

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 with 5 comments

I love doing stat posts based on my reading for the year. So, if you don't like charts and graphs or analysis of any kind, you can probably skip this post. :) I did one of these posts about midway through the year, too, because I just love playing with the graphics. Er, and also reviewing my reading progress. Yeah, that.

I'm a little behind, seeing as how it's been 2017 for nearly a month now, but better late than never, right? But all of a sudden, I have the urge -- and the time -- to blog again, so here I am. I'm not going to list all of the books I read in 2016 or even my favorites since I already did the 2016 End of Year Book Survey with April, but I am going to point you to my 2016 Goodreads challenge, which does list all the books I read:

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue) has read 139 books toward her goal of 225 books.
hide

I know a lot of people have stopped participating in this challenge for one reason or another, but it's the only one I participate in, and I've never had a problem reaching my goal. But that's because I listen to a shit ton of audio. ;0)





See? I hardly read a physical book last year, unless it was an ARC. Most everything is audio these days because it's sometimes impossible to find the time to sit down and read. Even so, I guarantee that nearly half of those audiobooks listened to were for re-reading purposes.





And a lot of the audiobooks I read come from the library because audiobooks are hella expensive. I do purchase some with my Audible subscription, but let's see where the rest of my reading material comes from...





Hmm...that's quite a bit different from the last time I did this end-of-year post full of charts and graphs. I didn't even use the library then!


I used to care to see which publishers I reviewed more for, but as I did a lot less reviewing this year than in years past, I'm not going to worry over that. Instead, I want to see which genres I read the most from:





As I suspected. =) And here's how the ratings break down:




So, it would seem I've gotten a bit pickier with my reading, giving out a few more 2 stars and DNFing a bit more than I have in the past. I'm kind of proud of that fact.


All in all, a pretty good reading year, if I do say so myself. :D So, how did your 2016 reading year stack up? Any stats I should include next time that you don't see here?

As always, happy reading!


5 comments:

  1. I love a good graph too and can waste hours analysing statistics! Happy to see you're another AudioSYNC fan too! Did you listen to Words In The Dust from them this year? I think that was my favourite from the selection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love looking at graphs and stats, I'm a geek at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom has been able to awareness on the changing realities of his situation. "it is a matter of accepting what is, as opposed to what you would really like it to be. http://www.strongtesterone.com/reaction-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zyntix Many manufacturers see a loophole and produce substandard medications and gear that proved dangerous and ineffective.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...