Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Weekend Update - 2.22.14

Saturday, February 22, 2014 with 14 comments
So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff:  stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)


So, the weather's going to be gorgeous again this weekend. Sorry to brag, but I know it won't last, so I'm going to enjoy it for the few weeks we actually get spring-like weather here in Texas. And I'm sorry to all of you suffering because of the snow! :( It would have been nice to have gotten a little bit of that, but Mother Nature apparently had other plans. o_O

Katie went to her first dance last week. I meant to share pictures, but I didn't get them uploaded. Technically, they're still not uploaded, but I did have a few on my phone, so I'll share one now so y'all can see just how adorable she was. It was a Daddy/Daughter Masquerade Ball for Valentine's Day, and she was beyond excited to drag her daddy to it. They pumped her full of punch and candy and then sent her home at bedtime, and she konked right out. And she already wants to know when the next dance is. =)

Other than that, we're just counting down the days until Spring Break and Katie's birthday. I think we're going to take a little trip, but nothing's set in stone yet. Either way, I can't wait to have some time off! :D

Anyway, here's what I scored this week:


For Review:

Thank you, Harper, Macmillan & Random House!!!

So excited to start Meridian. I remember when a sequel to Arclight was but a wishful thought. :) My Last Kiss and Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend both sound like great reads, as well. April already read and reviewed The Tyrant's Daughter, so we'll be giving this copy away soon. Like, now. Just let us know in the comments if you're interested in the title, and we'll pick one random commenter to win. It'd also be nice if you'd leave a comment on April's review, but it's not necessary. ;)

Traded:


I've already read Erased, but I liked the old covers better and wanted an ARC with it. Not that the next book -- Nick's book!!! -- will match, but whatevs. And now that I have Infinite in my possession, I can finally finish this series. Probably just going to start back over with Incarnate since it's been so long since I read it, and I never started Asunder.


So, that's my haul.  How about you?  What did you get this week?




The Week in Review:

Reviews:
Current Giveaways:  I'm giving away a copy of The Winner's Curse in anticipation of the book's release on April's birthday!!! And if you were paying attention earlier in this post, you also have a shot at winning The Tyrant's Daughter by commenting below.

Promotional/Discussion Posts:  April's going to YA Fest in April!!!

Jen's Currently Reading/Listening To:

Side Effects May VarySecond StarStill buddy-reading this with Em and Jenn from Book Jems. I love the surfer aspect and I'm equal parts intrigued and horrified by the two love interests. And I'm skeptical. Very skeptical about how this will all turn out for Wendy.





I can't believe I was able to make myself wait this long to read my ARC, but I'm really enjoying this story so far. Which doesn't surprise me at all. I just hope these "feels" everyone keeps mentioning aren't the TFiOS kind. It is a cancer book, after all. :(


Upcoming Reviews:

Something RealSolving for ExSide Effects May VaryMiss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, # 1)Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, #2)



Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!



14 comments:

  1. My Last Kiss sounds brilliant, I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul. My Last Kiss sounds awesome. Infinite is one book that I want to read.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a lot of the same books to review. Great haul! Infinite is one I'll be grabbing from the library. That series is so amazingly creative and I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens!! Looks like you have a great week coming up too. Here's my STS/IMM. I post my weekly update on Sunday nights/Monday mornings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Katie looks adorable all dressed up <3 She is such a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to your review for Something Real. Such an amazing book, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture of your daughter is adorbs. A masquerade father/daughter dance is the best idea ever. They didn't do things like that when I was little. And I am SO jealous of the weather you are getting. It isn't as cold here as it was, but it is still pretty freaking cold. I'm excited to read Broken Hearts and My Last Kiss. I did read April's review of The Tyrants Daughter, but it just doesn't sound like the book for me. I'm trying to buckle down and read Something Real this weekend, although I'm kind of off to a bad start since I picked it up this afternoon and promptly fell asleep for, like, 3 hours. Lol. I really have heard good things and I'm happy you enjoyed it. Great haul! I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, awesome! I can't wait to see what you thought of Miss Peregrine's. And also Side Effects...I have that this week, too!! I'm seriously considering picking up the Infinite series just because I'm in love with that cover. Gorgeous covers are the death of me, I swear. I'm tooootally DYING to read The Tyrant's Daughter! I see that sneaky giveaway there...I think I did comment on April's review, but I'm going to go check...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! I didn't get any new review books this week but Second Star is on my stack from a few weeks ago. Come see what I got this week at Inside of a Dog (Adult Books) and Ms. Martin Teaches Media (YA books). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jealous of Erased, and I hate when they change the covers! Great haul this week!
    Check out my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul. I love the look of My Last Kiss and really want to read that one myself. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited to read the tyrant's daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul. I'm starting Second Star this week myself. Happy reading! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  13. For Erased - I like the old covers better too though for some reason I never liked this particular one. lol

    Ooooh, you have a pretty copy of Meridian to look at while you read! I still need to read my eARC but I need to get a hardcover when it releases because I love the cover so much.

    I hope you enjoyed the nice weather. It's sad when I get excited for Saturdays 35 degrees, huh? lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...