Thursday, November 10, 2011

Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Thursday, November 10, 2011 with 3 comments
Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)Title:  Silence
Author:  Becca Fitzpatrick
Series:  Hush, Hush
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing
Publication Date:  October 4, 2011
Source:  purchased
Links:  Amazon | Goodreads
Rating:  Photobucket

From Goodreads:

 The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
Review:

This was a 3 ½ star read for me, but since it was not really any better than the first two books in the series, I rounded down to three. I think the problem with this book, for me, is that it suffers from not actually being the final book in the series, which it was originally slated to be. Honestly, I was kind of ready for Nora and Patch’s story to end. Don’t get me wrong…I do like this series. I just feel like the story is starting to get stretched too thin and some of the situations are a little too contrived for my preference.

On the plus side, Nora’s character was a bit less annoying this time around, though that might have been a result of what happened after that huge cliffhanger Fitzpatrick left us with at the end of Crescendo. Nora’s got a lot of growing to do, and I still don’t think she’s ready for what’s to come after the events of Silence, but I’ll still read it just to see how badly she flubs up everything. Who knows? Maybe she’ll finally come into her own, but I think that’s pretty doubtful as long as she’s still all goo-goo eyes for Patch.

Speaking of, his royal hotness surprised me in this latest installment. Whereas he was trying to kill Nora in Hush, Hush, he’s doing everything he can to keep her safe in Silence. I know I shouldn’t like Patch, what with his stalker tendencies and devil-may-care attitude, but I can’t help myself. I still think I prefer the psycho-Patch from the first book, though. He kept things interesting. :)

Silence wasn’t necessarily uninteresting, but it seemed less eventful than the previous books. Too many gaps being filled for much else to happen, which made this seem more like a middle book than an ending, which I guess it technically was. I enjoy reading this series, but with the influx of new talent out there, especially in YA, I feel my fondness for these books dwindling.




3 comments:

  1. I kind of thought Nora was just as annoying as ever in this one. I still liked it though. But mostly because I like Patch so much! But this book was nearly good as the first two for me. :/


    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Patch so much more in this one. He seemed so much more real and normal than he was in the previous books. I agree with you that three books should have been enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the series that I haven't started yet. One day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...